Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What's Your Name?

Have you ever been friends with someone and then realized you don't know their name? That's most likely because your afraid to ask the awkward question, "what's your name?" I find myself in this situation a lot. But thats just because when I first meet someone I tend to get to know them before learning their name. Later when I want to get their attention by calling their name I realize I don't know it. I feel weird shouting "hey you!" So I just tap them on their shoulder and they end up turning around saying something along the lines of "hey man" or "what's up." After I walk away from the conversation I realize that they probably don't know my name either. And even if that's the case I still feel weird asking one of my friends what their name is. So eventually I get one of our mutual friends to tell me their name and then I use it when talking to them to make me sound like I knew it all along. If your reading this your probably thinking that if they are my friend we should know each others names. But I think the majority of people find themselves in this situation at least once in their lives. I wanted to share this story because it's one of those times where I do something mildly stupid and feel the need to laugh at myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment